Visit Mobile Career Opportunities
Join the Visit Mobile Team
We LOVE working at Visit Mobile. Every day we find a reason to celebrate our great city and we welcome you to join our vibrant team.
Position: Corporate and Association Account Executive
Visit Mobile is seeking an energetic and creative person to join our team. This position will be supported by the Vice President of Sales and working as a member of the convention and group sales team. The Account Executive is responsible for aggressively researching and qualifying potential customers that bring group business to the convention center and hotels in Mobile, Alabama, specifically working Corporate and Association Markets in a specific Geographic Territory. The Account Executive will actively contact potential customers through telemarketing, emailing, trade events, sales trips, appointments, newsletters, and direct contact. The account executive will establish a client base from organizations, associations and corporate businesses, for the purpose of securing business for Mobile to ensure the predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded.
The account executive will need to respond quickly to potential client requests, consistently following up to ensure guest satisfaction is met. This person will conduct tours of the hotels, convention facilities and attractions while entertaining qualified potential clients. A minimum of 7 years in the hospitality industry is preferred, along with a college degree.
The ideal candidate:
- Directly responsible for making effective sales calls combining telemarketing calls, scheduled appointments, site tours, follow—up and maintenance calls
- Meet and develop a relationship with all clients including key decision-makers, influencers, booker and group/meeting contacts.
- Initiate and maintain a direct and aggressive sales effort to meet budgeted goals
- Conducts electronic and face-to fact sales experiences
- Utilize your relationship with hotel counterparts to identify market trends and opportunity dates.
- Understand and be able to execute full account qualification, penetration and saturation process
- Thrives on being a member of a fast-paced team
- Excels in written, oral and presentation skills
- Must be able to handle administration responsibilities including working with group and meeting planners, group entry utilizing computer skills to be able to perform database entry and submit weekly reports
- Maintain active involvement in county/city volunteering for special events/committees to develop and maintain a positive and professional reputation in the community
- Experience in hospitality or meeting related industries
- Experience with CRM data management a plus
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Independent local and national travel is involved
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven sales and negotiation abilities
We offer competitive salaries and wages, including a lucrative incentive program. Visit Mobile has outstanding benefits and pays 90% of medical, health, dental and vision insurance costs. Join an innovative sales and marketing team with great culture and help our City and Stakeholders continue to win. Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, vision, and disability. Join a team with a progressive and innovative workplace and be an active part of our growth.
Please email all resumes to Amy Angermeier at AAngermeier@Mobile.ORG
Currently, we do not have any additional openings on our team for new members, but please check back because just like the city, we are growing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Vice President of Administration, Jay Garraway.